Energy is essential to your success...
... No matter what your goals are, you will need energy (and a lot of it) to achieve any worthwhile goal!
Some of the best ways to maintain high energy levels are through healthy eating, regular exercise and a good night’s sleep.
Balancing a busy schedule with a healthy lifestyle is not always easy though - but help is at hand!
Below are some of the key health and energy benefits of Vitamin B12 and Ashwagandha supplements.
So What Is Vitamin b12 Good For?
Vitamin B12 helps your body convert your food into energy, which is then used by your cells to perform a variety of vital functions...
... It also helps to prevent you from getting a type of anaemia that can sap your strength and energy levels (8).
B12 also helps to maintain healthy blood cells and nerve endings throughout your body.
So where can you get B12 naturally?
The good news is B12 can be found in various animal proteins such as meat, fish and dairy.
Oftentimes the foods we produce is infused with B12, which has enabled the majority of people (in America at least) to reach their daily B12 vitamin requirements (9).
So, if you're among those who meet their daily B12 requirements, then there is absolutely no need (or point) in supplementing. This is because the research shows there is no energy benefit to be gained by using B12 supplements if you're already getting enough (10).
Those most likely to find themselves with a B12 deficit are:
- Vegetarians/Vegans: As both vegetarians and vegans don’t eat meat (the primary source of B12) (11).
- Those with conditions such as Crohn’s or celiac disease: These conditions can inhibit the body’s ability to absorb B12 (12).
- Older people: Between 10-30% of people over 50 have problems absorbing B12 from their food, because they have less stomach acid and proteins which are used for absorption (13).
For those mentioned above, B12 supplements are recommended...
... If you're among these people, then you can expect a significant energy boost by using supplements.
Health Benefits of Ashwagandha
In a study where participants took ashwagandha, it was found that both stress and anxiety levels were significantly reduced, along with a 28% reduction in cortisol levels (your stress hormone) (3).
As further research on ashwagandha root powder benefits emerge, it appears to build on how effective it is at reducing stress, anxiety and fatigue (4).
Ashwagandha also reduces physical fatigue associated with exercise. One study of experienced cyclists found that those using ashwagandha were able to cycle 7% longer than the placebo group (5).
So overall, the findings show that ashwagandha health benefits are significant! It can increase your energy levels by alleviating mental and physical stress and fatigue, while also being safe to use (6, 7).
While effective, you won't find ashwagandha growing in your back garden, so supplements are the best option here.
If you're interested in improving your endurance and energy levels - then click here for more info.
When life gets hectic, you’ll need all the energy you can get!
It goes without saying that staying activate and maintaining a balanced diet are the most important factors here.
Now you also know the huge ashwagandha root benefits to your health and energy, as well as how vitamin b12 can bolster your energy reserves...
... which you can use to grab life by the scruff of its neck and show it who’s boss!
For the best supplement to reduce inflammation and boost energy, click the link below:
- PubMed: ‘An Overview on Ashwagandha: A Rasayana (Rejuvenator) of Ayurveda’
- PubMed: ‘Scientific basis for the therapeutic use of Withania somnifera (ashwagandha): a review.’
- PubMed: ‘A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults.’
- PubMed: ‘An Alternative Treatment for Anxiety: A Systematic Review of Human Trial Results Reported for the Ayurvedic Herb Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)’
- PubMed: ‘Effects of eight-week supplementation of Ashwagandha on cardiorespiratory endurance in elite Indian cyclists’
- PubMed: ‘Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal) Root Extract in Improving Memory and Cognitive Functions.’
- PubMed: ‘Vitamin B12’
- NIH: ‘Vitamin B12’ PubMed: ‘Vitamin B12 and older adults’
- PubMed: ‘Vitamin B12 among Vegetarians: Status, Assessment and Supplementation’
- PubMed: ‘Vitamin, B12 (Cobalamin), Deficiency’
- PubMed: 'Vitamin B12 and older adults'